Thursday, May 6, 2021

Foam Buildings and Bridges for 54mm Plastic Toy Soldiers

Every once in awhile, I'll go into a phase (or binge if you will) with purchasing a specific type of toy or pulling out what I had in storage to take photographs. Case in point, I wanted to do some dioramas of my old plastic toy soldier collections. I realized I needed some good battle damaged buildings for any WW2 Europe scenes. I found a great seller on Ebay who makes bridges, buildings and trenches out of foam for cheap. The hobby shifted to foam diorama and scenic pieces about 25 years ago. Much less expensive to make, ship and the molds are infinitely cheaper as well than metal molds for plastic injection molding.

Anyway, I purchased two buildings and a bridge. Was testing them out last weekend. Plan to make some more realistic scenes in the near future. Need to find a bigger table. My larger sand table I kept in the garage has been folded up for a while due to space limitations. 

Most of the figures here are the Conte Collectibles WW2 US Airborne troopers. The last shot on the bridge has the Conte Collectibles WW2 British Airborne soldiers. Conte's website is still up but hasn't been updated in three years. 

More photos to come with these in the upcoming days.



















2 comments:

  1. That's quality work right there. It's not as easy as it looks to make these. I may get back into it at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the craftmanship is outstanding. I bet these aren't easy to sculpt. The details is fantastic. And I purchased the unpainted buildings. The painted ones look great.

      Delete