Sunday, July 23, 2023

GI Joe - 1983

Some more diorama shots with some 1983 Joes.

I've probably mentioned this before, but I was 11 when GI Joe: A Real American Hero came out. I got some of the first few figures and vehicles and collected the Marvel comic book. I remember when issue 11 came out which introduced the 1983 Joes. I didn't know they would be the next line of toys. Whoa! Mind blown. Right away, I wanted Airborne and Doc and the Dragonfly helicopter. I only ever got Doc back then, but made up for it. 































5 comments:

  1. These shots remind me of the ones you'd see during Christmas in those Present Co. and Sears catalogs. Awesome! Got me wanting to put my tree up already lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never owned any of this series as a kid, and still don't to this day. My earliest figures come from '84.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really only had the 82 series as a kid. Just as these were coming out, I got excited, but then became too cool for toys, even though I purchased one or two along the way.

      Delete
    2. Yeah - from this series, I only had Doc and Destro. And Duke who was a mail in with the Flag points.

      Delete