Sunday, August 11, 2024

McFarlane Military Arctic Rangers

Geez....it's been a loooooong time since I pulled out any of these McFarlane Military figures. I had the snow scene set up, and these fit in perfectly.

The last two "smaller figures" were part of McFarlane's final attempt to keep the series going by attaching it to the Call of Duty video games. They were supposed to be British Special Forces. In all my military studies, I don't recall ever seeing Brits in arctic camo during WW2. Doesn't mean it didn't happen. 












2 comments:

  1. Were the McFarlane figures supposed to be historically accurate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. They were extremely detailed and very accurate. The only oddity was the British commando. I actually just did a search on WW2 British Commandos - winter gear. They showed several photos but they all wore the standard British steel helmet. None wore just a hood.

      Delete