Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Idea Simmers


Over the next year or so, I would spend some time during weekends here and there, building fairly crude dioramas. Sand is a great canvas to build action figure dioramas. I also "had" a grass back yard...another story to tell later. So I could build a variety of diorama settings with grass and sand. I had a lot of fun setting up the dioramas, placing the figures in the right poses, and firing away with my camera. I always had three hobbies...photography, toys, and military history. Being a veteran also helped. So I started snapping away whenever time permitted.

So having fun, and getting good feedback from friends and family, I wondered how I could share and even sell my photos. Who is going to buy a photo you can publish on a website? Could I frame them and sell them that way? Sleepless nights finally provided an answer...jigsaw puzzles. The idea made sense. Photos of armies typically have many soldiers in the same uniform so if placed together in a photo, it would be a fun puzzle to make. Or the number of characters could make for an interesting puzzle.

With that, the first photo shoot to be turned into a puzzle was using Hasbro's Marvel Legends line.

No comments:

Post a Comment