Thursday, September 11, 2014

League Assignment: The Art of Scott C. - It's soooooooooooo good.

This week’s League of Extraordinary Bloggers Assignment: It’s soooooooooooooo good.


I try and focus on toys for obvious reasons, but today I will go off into another realm, which is the art of Scott C., also known as the Great Showdowns (http://greatshowdowns.com/).

If I am not mistaken, I first saw the Great Showdowns in an article in the premiere issue of Brian’s Cool and Collected. The Great Showdowns are a collection of watercolor paintings by Scott C. that showcases conflicts between people or entities in our favorite movies. So there is a great pop culture reference their which drives a lot of our toys. 

The paintings are simple and very….friendly. Each antagonist or protagonist always has a smiley face, no matter how villainous or diabolical they are.

I purchased his first book months ago after reading the C&C article but never had time to peruse it. 
Those of you with 3rd graders will understand. I finally through it in my bag and looked at it at lunch yesterday at work. They were soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good.

I immediately ordered Return of the Great Showdowns and also found the website.

I’ll be honest, there are a few movies I can’t place and Scott won’t reveal them on the website. I can sometimes catch the movie title from the  Tumblr comments which are difficult to read. That’s what makes it so much fun,…seeing which movies you know, and which are a little harder to determine.

Here are some of my favorites. As you can see, the conflict is not always man against man – it is definitely man against nature at times.








No comments:

Post a Comment