Monday, March 20, 2017

Vintage Kenner Star Wars "A New Hope" Recreation

Been wanting to do this for awhile. Start recreating as much of the Star Wars movies using only the vintage Kenner figures (at first) and then do it again with all the modern figures filling in. For scenery, will only use things that can be found around the house. Of course, I have a table covered in sand in my garage so that counts - and helps with the Tatooine scenes.

So here goes....and action!



 "How did I get into this mess? I really don't know how. We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life. I've got to rest before I fall apart. My joints are almost frozen.!"


 "Well, I'm not going that way. It's much too rocky. This way is much easier."

That malfunctioning little twerp. This is all his fault! He tricked me into going this way, but he'll do no better. 
Wait, what's that? A transport! I'm saved! Over here! Help! Please, help!


"Utinni!"





Look. Someone was in the pod. The tracks go off in this direction.

Look Sir! Droids!

"We're doomed. Do you think they'll melt us down?"



"This R2 unit has a bad motivator."

Wait, there's something dead ahead on the scanner. It looks like
our droid...hit the accelerator.


"That droid is going to get me into a lot of trouble."

" Oh, he excels at that!"

 "Whoa, just where do you think you're going?"

"There are several creatures approaching from the southeast!"

"Sandpeople...or worse!"







"Hello there! Come here my little friend. Don't be afraid."
 
BEN: Rest easy, son, you've had a busy day. You're fortunate you're
still in one piece.

LUKE: Ben? Ben Kenobi! Boy, am I glad to see you!
 
BEN: The Jundland wastes are not to be traveled lightly. Tell me young
Luke, what brings you out this far?

LUKE: Oh, this little droid! I think he's searching for his former
master...I've never seen such devotion in a droid before...there
seems to be no stopping him. He claims to be the property of an Obi-
Wan Kenobi. Is he a relative of yours? Do you know who he's talking
about?

 Ben ponders this for a moment, scratching his scruffy beard.

BEN: Obi-Wan Kenobi...Obi-Wan? Now thats a name I haven't heard in a
long time...a long time.

LUKE: I think my uncle knew him. He said he was dead.

BEN: Oh, he's not dead, not...not yet.

LUKE: You know him!

BEN: Well of course, of course I know him. He's me! I haven't gone by
the name Obi-Wan since oh, before you were born.
 
To Be Continued. 
 
 
 




4 comments:

  1. Very cool! I still own some of those original figurines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They still bring so much joy and nostalgia 40 years later.

      Delete
  2. Is that a for real vinyl caped Jawa??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course it is.....not.

      I wish. Just a repro.

      Delete