Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Toy Biz Lord of the Rings Find

I was going through some boxes in the garage when I pulled out and discovered this treasure trove of Toy Biz Lord of the Rings boxes. I had kept them to put the figures back in some day. Plus they looked really cool.  In some cases, I only removed the horses or exclusive figure in the pack so some figures I already had were left in the packaging.

Toy Biz really knocked it out of the park with the Lord of the Rings line. Too bad they were out of business and didn't pick up the Hobbit line which Bridge Direct completely mishandled. Very grateful Toy Biz did such an awesome job.

Anyway, it was fun to photograph these boxes and removing the figures before tossing them out. It's just taking up space and I won't be putting the figures back in.














































2 comments:

  1. These are great to look at after years of them being stashed.I still have some GI Joe vehicle boxes and cardbacks somewhere In my basement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Tony. I've really come to appreciate packaging art over the years. Looking back at GI Joe - A Real American Hero - that was an amazing run and great artwork.

      Delete