Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Toy Exchange - Mt. Airy, Maryland

There seem to be very few vintage toy stores here in the DC area.  Tosche Station is new and I was able to hit that about once a month, usually on a Friday at lunch from work.  Thanks to Toybox, I found out about the Toy Exchange in Mt. Airy, Maryland.

I don't have much chance to visit on weekend due to family commitments so I waited until the right moment at work to scoot out during lunch.

One day, some of my meetings had been canceled so I made the drive. Mind you, it still took an hour there and an hour back and I literally only browsed for 10 minutes. So I definitely need to go back - when we're not under quarantine. So much great stuff and I noticed a lot of larger packaged items behind the counters as I was leaving.



























5 comments:

  1. I really hope this place survives all the shutdowns from this donkey virus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding. I wanted to go to Tosche Station today but didn't want to venture out. It's going to be a struggle.

      Delete
    2. I was there on Monday. Place was empty. They were mandated that they could remain open, but with a limit of ten people on the premises at any given time.

      Delete
  2. You know,for the prices most of these vintage toys go for online ,you would think that there would be a shortage of them.Stores like this speak to the contrary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some things were rather pricey. Others seemed consistent with ebay prices. I know I could drop a few grand in there if I had it. :-)

      Delete