Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Geeking Out in Italy

Just got back from Italy so went a bit dark. Jon - I caught up on responding to all your comments over the last week. Anyway, we got to geek out twice in Italy.

First, we went up to Lake Como. We visited the Villa Babianello, where they shot Queen Amidala's lake villa scenes in Attack of the Clones. We witnessed three proposals within an hour. 

Still trying to adjust to Eastern time. Got up at 3:30am this morning. 









Next - we traveled to Venice and I found the "Library" from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Ahhhhh, Venice!


And finally, I saw four turtles in Milan. I shall name them Leonardo, Michaelangelo, Donatello, and Raphael. 










3 comments:

  1. Wow, Italy must've been amazing! I can only imagine all of the sites that must've been seen, and the food that must've been eaten. Looks like the weather was pretty good too. How long were you there? Had you ever been there before? Where's the rest of the pictures? There had to be more!

    P.S. I love that you took Indy figure all the way over there just so that you could get that shot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Italy was fantastic. It lived up to the hype, especially Venice. I can walk around there for weeks. The food was outstanding. The weather was perfect. We were there for 9 days visiting Lake Com/Bellagio, Venice, Milan, and Cinque Terre. I hadn't been there but my wife went 20 years ago. So she's always wanted to go back. Yes - I took a ton of pictures. Will share them eventually. I had to bring Indy. The "library" was easy to find.

      Delete