Friday, June 27, 2014

Getting Ready for the Dawn

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

As I've said many times, I was never a big fan of the original Planet of the Apes. I saw the first movie, thought it was a decent movie, and understood it's social commentary, but never gave it much thought afterwards.

I didn't see the 2001 remake with Mark Wahlberg....guess I should consider myself lucky.

But then I saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Obviously with it's very realistic CGI effects and the beginning of the story intrigued me as it took place in the present day. Loved that movie.

Then I saw the trailers for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. It looks totally bad ass. I am a big fan of the post apocolyptic genre. So I ordered a case of the NECA figures and tried to recreate one of the scenes from the trailer. I also used the HIYA Rise of the Planet of the Apes figures and Ringwraith horses from ToyBiz Lord of the Rings 6 inch collection.


July 11th - you know where I'll be.

No comments:

Post a Comment