Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Marx Prehistoric Dinosaur Playset

I still remember when I got this set. I was 9. My mom took me to the mall. She bought me this set. I don't remember the reason why. It wasn't my birthday or Christmas. The only thing I remembered is the loudspeaker in the entire mall announced that the US Hockey team had defeated the Soviet Union in Olympic Hockey. It was the Miracle on Ice.

It was Friday, February 22, 1980.

Anyway, I loved this set. Lots of cool dinosaurs, lots of cool terrain, and cavemen. The caveman throwing the rock was my favorite.

There are several versions of this set when it comes to the packaging art and photography. This is the one I had; hence, why I tracked it down years later on Ebay.













The Fonzie thumbs up dinosaur.












3 comments:

  1. These look like so much fun.I'd snatch up a bunch If I had the room to display them properly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's weird but the older I get, the more I appreciate this sort of toy. The simplicity left so much room for imagination -- something that is lost with a lot of toys put out today. Love these things!

    ReplyDelete