Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Hershey PA Toy Show, Antiquie Mall, Gettysburg Toy Soldier Store and Candyland Liquor

A few weeks back, Toybox and I went to the Hershey PA Toy Show.  There seem to be very few toy shows near the DC area. This was about a two hour haul.  I didn't take as many photos as Matt did. I need to do a better job of that. It was a lot of fun. I saw some stuff I regret not purchasing but that's OK. I came out with a few nice items that I was happy with, including the Toybiz Original X-Men set, one Simpson figure, a vintage Commander Adama, and an exclusive 1/6 scale Vietnam figure of Bill Beck, who was in attendance, along with artist Larry Selman, who did the artwork for the box. Larry did a lot of the Hasbro GI Joe box covers during the 90s and 2000s. I've met him before. Really nice guy. Great artist.

We also stopped at an Antique mall, the Gettysburg Toy Soldier store, and Candyland and Liquor for some ice cream.  The Gettysburg Toy Soldier show had redone their big diorama to a 1/35 scale Vietnam scene. Last time I was there, they had a WW2 ETO scene. Before that, it was a 1/72 Vietnam set up.


























































4 comments:

  1. Gotta love anywhere that serves liquor, candy and ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. Funny thing is I passed by that place every week while traveling on business trips. Never stopped.

      Delete
  2. Seems kind of weird to see modern Mego's for sale at an antique mall. Even more so when they're in bags and in a glass case.

    And I love that Grimace cup. I have a couple different cups with him on them, but hadn't seen this one before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - I guess the consigner just wants to fill the shelves. Doesn't really matter what's in it.

      They had more McDonald's glasses but Grimace was always my favorite.

      Delete