Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Nightmares of Halloween Past Book by Gary Baseman

Can't remember where I heard of this book campaign that was run on IndieGoGo. Anyway, it's a fantastic book by artist Gary Baseman. He spent years collecting old family photos from antique stores and garage sales. Then people would send him some as well. The book is a compilation of old Halloween costume photos and they're even creepier since they are in black and white. 

Not sure if the book will be sold elsewhere but it's worth picking up.




5 comments:

  1. That is amazing! I love those vintage Halloween photos. There's something wonderfully unsettling about so many of the vintage costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this on the Kickstarter and it's just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then I'll give you credit. I most likely found out about this from one of your posts. It's so awesome.

      Delete
  3. There used to be a thread on some website with these sorts of photos. I wonder how many of those were "borrowed" for this.

    ReplyDelete