Monday, December 11, 2017

Star Wars Score! Last Jedi stuff!

As I mentioned a week or so ago, I decided not to shop online anymore. I will enjoy the hunt for toys again, and if I see them out in the wild, great. If I don't, so be it....there may be a few holes in the collection and my wallet will be lighter.

I got lucky this weekend.

First, I went to Toys R Us and found the six inch Black Series Jaina Solo and Rose. I honestly was expecting never to see Jaina out in the wild. There are several Black Series figures I have never seen in the wild - Boba Fett, Sabine Wren, Snowtrooper, Darth Revan, and Tusken Raider (up until last week).  I figured Jaina would be one of those.

I saw tons of Zuvios and Jyns at Toys R Us. All of the sudden, in the back of the peg, I saw Rose and the Emperor.  Was hoping for Jaina but I was denied. I walked down the aisle and saw another pegfull of 6 inchers. There in the front was Jaina. Score!

I also found the exclusive Jedi Training Rey with base.








Oh yeah - found another Tusken Raider. Once again, at one of those overpriced mall toy stores.



Then, today, I decide to stop at Walmart. Haven't been to the local Walmart in ages. Kind of a pain to get to and I don't like the big crowds.

At first, it looked like your standard Last Jedi pegwarmers.  Then I walked down the aisle looking for other stuff, and lo and behold, it's the next wave of Last Jedi figures. Boom!














Based on the last wave of Rogue One figures, I thought these were online exclusives - didn't expect to find them in the store. Was pleasantly surprised.

Also found some new Super Articulated figures of the Tusken Raider and Ponda Baba - AKA Walrus Man. Didn't know these were coming.




Finally, picked up a Probe Droid - because I have a diorama idea in mind - and this 12 inch Hasbro Yoda. Because....Yoda.




I must say, I've had more fun going out to hunt recently. Think I will keep this up, though I do miss supporting smaller, awesome businesses like BBTS and Clark Toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment