Sunday, May 17, 2020

Star Wars - A New Hope - Quarantine Movie and Toy Review

First - the rankings.

1. A New Hope
3. Solo


What I Liked: The one that started it all. I was six. It was amazing. I was seven when the toys came out. Equally amazing. This movie and the franchise impacted me for the rest of my life. 

By the way - I watched the Despecialized Edition, the original cut. It was wonderful. So what did I like?
1. The opening score and that huge Star Destroyer chasing the little blockade runner.
2. Jawas
3. Sandpeople
4. The Cantina -> my Cantina diorama
5. Han Solo and Chewbacca
6. The Trash Compactor
7. Han chasing the Stormtroopers
8. The Battle over Yavin
9. The toys? All of them. Every single one.

What I Didn't Like?
Nothing. 

We've all seen plenty of the original Kenner figures and plenty of the Hasbro figures on this blog and other sites. Here I will just show the figures that weren't part of the original Kenner line. When I first saw Biggs, Tarkin and Slave Leia...I thought, whoa, this can be huge. Hasbro/Kenner isn't just redoing the first 93.




Up until last week, never knew Porkins' helmet came off.







































No comments:

Post a Comment