Sunday, May 31, 2020

The Year of Joe - May 2020

The year of Joe continues even during a pandemic. This month was a bit light (except for the Thunderbolt) but more on that in a bit.

New Year's Day
New Year's Day Addendum
January
February
March
April


I was out of work for three months and quarantined. So watched my budget. Thankfully started an awesome new job this week with a one mile commute. Well, once we go back to the office.

I managed to sneak out to Tosche Station yesterday to ensure I had some figures for May. Managed to grab Roadblock and then the original three Dreadnoks: Torch, Ripper and Buzzer. And the MOBAT tank.  I've had the MOBAT before. Love that tank. Remember getting it for my birthday in 1983?












And here is the Toys R Us exclusive A10 Thunderbolt with Hawk and Ace. While not a "vintage" plane from 82-87 that I am focused on, a real depiction of the A10 Thunderbolt/Warthog is pretty damn cool. Didn't know this existed until a month ago.

This still in a sealed box but I intend to open it soon.

And if you want to know what the A10 is really like, read these awesome articles from Ben Thompson's BadAssOfTheWeek site.

The A10 Warthog
Kim Campbell - "Killer Chick" A10 Pilot










No comments:

Post a Comment