Monday, May 4, 2020

Star Wars - Rogue One - Quarantine Movie and Toy Review

May the 4th Be With  You!

I loved this movie. We'll get to that in a moment.

Right now - current ranking of all Star Wars movies chronologically until now.

1. Rogue One
2. Solo
3. Attack of the Clones
4. Revenge of the Sith
5. Phantom Menace



What I Liked:
Everything. Seriously, every time I watch Rogue One, I wonder whether this could ever overtake Empire Strikes Back.
1. Loved the characters - Jyn, Cassian, Bodhi, Maze, Chirut - I rooted for all of them.
2. K2SO - one of the funniest "characters" in the franchise.
3. Saw Guerrera - would liked to have seen more of him.
4. Director Krennic - one of the most vile bad guys in the franchise
5. Jedha
6. The raid on Scarif
7. The fleet joins the fray above Scarif
8. AT-ATs
9. The Hammerhead Corvette smashing one star destroyer into the other - BRILLIANT!!!
10. Vader cutting through the rebels at the end. That is the Vader I always wanted to see.
11. Everyone dies - I was shocked. Couldn't believe it. It was so emotional I couldn't believe what I was seeing. When you bought into the characters...there demise was all the harder.
12. Toy wise we got a decent selection of 6 inch and 3-3/4 inch characters.
13. Easter eggs - Probe Droid, Walrus Man, Scout Walkers, Red 5, footage used from A New Hope.
14. Tarkin and Leia - tastefully done
15. Blue Squadron

What I didn't like:
1. I liked that Walrus Man and Dr. Evanan were on Jedha, but they really didn't need to say any lines. A bump in the shoulder would have been enough.
2. That last wave of figures could not be found easily at retail. Hasbro really needs to fix their distribution or the big boxes need to help. Glad they released Galen Erso, Bodhi, Saw, Admiral Raddus, Jyn in disguise. Had to order online.
3. More rebel troops from Scarif - 3-3/4 and 6 inch.
4. Whatever that big wooly white Moroff character was - wish they would have used him more. He looked awesome. Great figure as well.




































4 comments:

  1. I wish they'd used Moroff and Bistan more. I loved Bistan when I first saw the trailer but that was about his extent in the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree 100%. They could be used in the Cassian Andor series if it comes to fruition.

      Delete
  2. I just watched this again the other day. I was a fantastic movie and added to the franchise. However I wasn't all that pleased with Solo. Nice figure collection. I bought a Jyn just to swipe the hood/scarf she was wearing in order to make a scarf for my Jessica Jones figure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. This was a fun movie and emotionally heart wrenching. Loved every bit of it.

      Delete