Wednesday, August 19, 2020

And Now For Something A Little Different - Kenner Star Wars Figure Paintings

 I've been using more of my limited creative time working on art projects, mostly colored pencils. I can't paint very well. I have no professional training but I could always draw. So I decided to work on my painting skills by starting with a profile shot of the vintage Kenner Greedo Star Wars action figure. It turned out OK, so I decided to do the rest of the second series of vintage Star Wars action figures which included Hammerhead, Walrus Man, Snaggletooth (Red), X-Wing Luke, Power Droid, R5D4, Death Star Droid and finally Boba Fett.  They turned out OK. It was good practice. Guess I'll have to do Blue Snaggletooth and prototype Boba Fett as well along with the other 83? vintage figures.

I had done this awhile ago but wanted to concentrate on just doing a portrait:

Kenner Star Wars Figure Paintings

Walking Dead Cover Paintings

I basically did about three at a time. That way I could work on one while the other had a section that was drying. Acrylic paint dries pretty quickly. I used a Sharpie marker to go over the black lines. The canvases are 10 inch by 10 inch. 









































2 comments:

  1. R5-D4 and Power Droid are my favorite. Please feel free to send them my way (hint hint).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will keep that in mind once I figure out what I'm going to do with them.

      Delete