Monday, January 27, 2020

This Little Mermaid VHS Tape Could be Worth Thousands

Have you ever seen that clickbait? Supposedly there is the Black Diamond collection of Disney VHS tapes from the 80s/90s that can be worth a lot of money. Don't believe that hype. That has been debunked. However, before I debunked it, I was in a small town in Indiana this summer visiting relatives. The few stores on main street were mainly antique stores. There were plenty of Disney VHS tapes around. I was wondering if they had the Little Mermaid one.

Lo and behold, there it was. I purchased it for a dollar fifty. I'm going to sell it for $1000. Surprised no one else grabbed it over the years.

It's been a long time since I purchased a VHS tape. Don't even have a player anymore.

What's the big deal? Well it's the art work, specifically the design of the castle turrets. Take a look - does it remind you of anything?

Well, the phallic symbol turrets made it past censors originally but then the movie posters and DVD covers were soon replaced.






2 comments:

  1. I have a few of those Black Diamond VHS releases too. Wish they were worth thousands, now how am I gonna pay for my kids to go to college?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did like how all the Disney VHS tapes looked as a collection. The artwork was cool.

      Delete