Monday, October 12, 2020

Treehouse Aliens Swarm Packs

I remember these coming out around 2003, only because I remember seeing them in a Hastings store in Utah around that time. Treehouse decided to make "little plastic army men" type figures of the Colonial Marines and Aliens from the movie Aliens.  There was a full playset (which I will cover in the near future) and these blind box Swarm Packs which came with an alien or two, a marine or two, eggs or supply boxes.



I recall the Swarm Packs being on clearance and I never purchased any.  However, a few years later, I managed to get the playset and went searching for the swarm packs on Ebay.  I bought two cases of 24 packs for about $50.  Yep - about a dollar per swarm pack.  I opened them all up so I could....create a swarm of aliens of course.

Now those packs run about $50 or more on Ebay, though I am not sure how many actually sell for that price.

Oh yeah, there is one clear variant alien figure per 24 boxes. 

Here is a diorama I did years ago with this huge collection: https://gijigsaw.blogspot.com/2010/01/aliens-vs-colonial-marines-epic-battle.html

The Queen was from the McFarlane AVP set. 

Anyway - this set of photos has been sitting in a folder for years, waiting for me to post them. Enjoy!











4 comments:

  1. I like the looks of these 🤔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of fun. The playset was a blast. Will try and get pictures of it this week and post.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks - still can't believe how expensive the Swarm Packs are now. I've seen the playset listed for almost $1000 but they often pop up for a more reasonable price. These are big too. I will have to take one next to a standard 54mm army man.

      Delete