Friday, January 31, 2020

The Year of Joe - January 2020

As you know, my goal for the year is to build my vintage GI Joe collection, primarily focused on the years 1982-1987.


I started with four vintage figures and one vehicle (The Wolverine).




I managed to get several awesome figures from a local vintage toy store and a few from ToyBox. I did break my rule about Ebay once or twice. Most of those were before I made the pledge to keep away from Ebay and enjoy the actual hunt. But those pesky straight arm figures are hard to find in the wild.

What I started with:
Short Fuze, Steeler, Grand Slam and Covergirl + Wolverine

Ebay Purchase
Breaker, Flash, Rock n Roll, Stalker + Toss n Cross with Tollbooth. I never had Rock n Roll or Flash when I was growing up. Always wanted them. Now I have them. Woohoo!

Tosche Station Purchases
Joe - Gung Ho, Tripwire, Snowjob, Doc, Barbecue, Iceberg, Torpedo, Dusty, Blowtorch
Cobra - Destro, Firefly, StormShadow, Dr. Mindbender

ToyBox
Joe - Zap, Tiger Force Tripwire
Cobra - BAT, Night Viper

Found Among my Other Stuff
Original Snow Serpent

Somewhere among all my stuff is still a Beachhead, Original Iceberg and Tunnel Rat.  Hopefully I'll find them someday.

We'll see what February has in store.

Series 1 - 1982 - all straight arm except Steeler.

Series 2 - 1983

Series 3 - 1984

Series 4 - 1985

Series 5 - 1986




















4 comments:

  1. Where'd you get those giant Joes ? Great display and congrats on the collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are the Gentle Giant retro Jumbos similar to the Kenner retro Jumbo Star Wars figures. Love them though they stopped making the jumbos. Zap was next but was never made. Would have loved a Flash and Scarlett.

      Delete
  2. Send me an e-mail if you want to take a carpool up to Toy Exchange one Saturday. Great place! Tons of Joes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do. Have been meaning to get over there.

      Delete