Friday, June 16, 2017

Gamestop Exclusive Star Wars R5-D4

R5-D4 was always one of my favorites. I don't know why. Always liked him better than R2-D2. Of course, he didn't last long. When Hasbro announced the Star Wars 40th Anniversary original 12 on vintage style cardback, Gamestop took the opportunity to add one of the next 8 figures as an exclusive. Your trusty R5-D4.

Finding R5 was difficult at first. Only two were sent to each Gamestop store. You could order him online but rumors swirled that orders were canceled due to supply not meeting demand.

I managed to order two online and have seen three out in the wild. Now I am wondering if they will do the rest of the original 20/21? Greedo and X-Wing Pilot Luke have already been manufactured. Luke Pilot came out as a Celebration 2017 exclusive. Now all Hasbro would need to add is Hammerhead, Walrusman, Snaggletooth (Red and Blue), Power Droid, Death Star Droid. Add in the already manufactured Boba Fett and you can get the original 21.




2 comments:

  1. Yeah I used to bring my Kenner R5, Power Droid and Hammerhead with me everywhere

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting how some of the minor characters were so beloved. Power Droid was another great one. Hammerhead is such a classic design to this day.

      Delete