Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Kenner Star Wars Imperial Attack Base

Did you ever have that one toy as a kid that you really wanted and never got? And then even with the ease of internet shopping and auctions, for some reason you still never picked it up? One of those, I'll get it later even though it's my favorite? Yeah - for me it is the Kenner Star Wars Imperial Attack Base from the Empire Strikes Back. Loved this set, but never had it.

Then my best friend and fellow collector came across one with a very nice box, and sent it my way. The only way to honor the gift is to properly set it up and photograph it. I tried to recreate the scene on the front of the box. Had enough rebel troops, but have no idea where my vintage Taun Tauns are, and I only had one Snowtrooper.














Of course, I always found it odd that it was the Imperial Attack Base. Shouldn't it have been Echo Base or the Rebel Trench? Let me know what you think if we reverse the combatants?








 
And now we add some more modern figures for the Echo Base interior.





Princess Leia: Han, we need you.
Han Solo: We need?
Princess Leia: Yes.
Han Solo: Well, what about YOU need?
Princess Leia: I need? I don't know what you are talking about.
Han Solo: You probably don't.
Princess Leia: And what precisely am I supposed to know?
Han Solo: Come on you want me to stay because of the way you feel about me.
Princess Leia: Yes, you're great help to us you're a natural leader.
Han Solo: No! That's not it. Come on.
[a rebel worker goes inbetween them]
Han Solo: A-ha! Come on!
Princess Leia: You're imagining things.
Han Solo: Am I? Then why are you following me afraid I was gonna leave without giving you a goodbye kiss?
Princess Leia: I'd just as soon kiss a wookiee.
Han Solo: I could arrange that!
[Han walks away]
Han Solo: You could use a good kiss!




Han Solo: Well, Your Worship, it looks like you managed to keep me here a while longer.
Princess Leia Organa: [Haughtily] I had nothing to do with it. General Rieekan thinks it's dangerous for any ships to leave the system until they've activated the energy shield.
Han Solo: That's a good story. I just think you can't bear to let a gorgeous guy like me out of your sight.
Princess Leia Organa: I don't know where you get your delusions, laser brain.
[Chewbacca laughs amusingly]
Han Solo: Laugh it up, fuzzball! [To Luke] You didn't see us alone in the south passage. She expressed her true feelings for me.
Princess Leia Organa: What? [annoyed] Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking... nerf-herder!
Han Solo: [in mock offense] Who's scruffy looking? [To Luke] Must have hit it pretty close to the mark to get her all riled up like that, huh, kid?
Princess Leia Organa: Well, I guess you don't know everything about women yet. [suddenly kisses Luke in front of Han]



3 comments:

  1. One of my favorite playsets because of the "blow up" features.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. So much goodness packed in this set. The details and creativity are amazing.

      Delete