Thursday, April 18, 2019

Star Wars - Vintage Kenner 12 Inch Chewbacca

Another interesting story about this piece....when these original Kenner 12 inch figures came out in 78 or 79, I was at a store with my dad.  I believe it was Goldblatt's, a department store chain in the midwest.

We saw one of these out of package on clearance for $3. He still had his bandoleer and weapon. My dad purchased it for me. It was awesome!

Anyway, I long ago lost this piece - probably sold at a garage sale or who knows. I relayed the story to my best friend and he found one of these at some old collectible store and sent it my way.  What a great piece.


2 comments:

  1. That's a great piece! I've got Luke, Leia, and R2D2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! May need to continue collecting the originals.

      Delete