Sunday, October 6, 2019

Force Friday Star Wars Haul - Kind Of, Sort Of

Well, Force Friday isn't what it used to be. Toys R Us is gone. Target and Walmart toy sections are in shambles. Star Wars isn't even the brand it used to be. There used to be so much junk cluttering the Star Wars section no wonder the big boxes got tired of it. Forget midnight openings. From the reports, Walmart barely even knew about it.

Force Friday Hauls Previously

Force Awakens
Rogue One
Last Jedi
Solo Story

BUT, that doesn't mean I still don't get excited for new Star Wars stuff. Unfortunately, for the first time in 40 plus years, there are (virtually) no 3-3/4 inch figures for the new movie. More on that later.

My plan was to hit a Target and two Walmarts on my way to work, as well as another Target and GameStop near the office during lunch. Unfortunately, after pulling an almost all nighter for a software deployment at work, I was too tired to get up.

So mid-morning, in between meetings while working from home, I snuck out to my nearby Target and Gamestop.

Target didn't even have an aisle section for Star Wars. They rolled the new stuff out on a cart - almost like the ones you take your luggage to your room in a hotel. I only looked at the Star Wars 6 inch Black Series. Luckily they had one Offworld Jawa and plenty of Reys, Kylos, and First Order Stormtrooper with riot gear. They all look the same as their previous two movies.  I grabbed one of each.

Oh yeah - I did manage to find a Be-Too 1 figure from the Doctor Aphra tales as well.

There was one new Luke X-Wing pilot in 3-3/4 scale in the old, depleted Star Wars section so I snagged that. But it seems like the 3-3/4 inch scale is dead. I don't count the Vintage Collection because they ease out maybe 3-4 at a time. Should be more this time, but I have yet to find one at a big box store these last two years.

Since it was mid morning, I shot over to GameStop, found another Jawa, a Mandalorian, and Second Sister. The Second Sister is the carbonized exclusive version. Kind of cool.


































No comments:

Post a Comment