Monday, July 6, 2020

Eternia Dreams Vintage Toy Store - Taneytown, Maryland

Not sure how I came across this on Facebook,...I suppose everything we do is tracked on the internet, but that's cool. Anyway, Eternia Dreams Toys and Collectibles popped up on my radar a few days ago. Managed to have some time this weekend to check it out - about an hour trip.

I arrived Sunday morning as it opened at 11am. I almost missed it because the store is pushed back just a bit between two other buildings on the main street of Taneytown. I pulled in and there were already about 5 people there.

The front section contained mostly loose GI Joes and some counters, along with an extension that housed Funko Pops.  At first I thought, is that it, but then I saw the back room....holy smokes. It was like walking into a Toys R Us/Kaybee back in the 90s and 2000s. Aisles were filled to the max with carded and packaged figures. Plenty of loose figures from the 80s as well, mostly He-Man and Ninja Turtles, but a nice little section of loose Kenner Star Wars as well.

Prices were very fair. I left with a few loose GI Joe vehicles from 1982 and 1983.

I will definitely be going back there.

 












































10 comments:

  1. Incredible! I just found a vintage toy store driving around my new neighborhood this past 4th of July. I can't wait to check It out and take pics for you guys ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I now have three within an hours drive that I didn't have about a year ago.

      Delete
  2. I am so jealous! I have been wanting to rebuild my Masters of The Universe collection, but have not found a place near me that can help me out with the task!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you want me to keep an eye out for anything for you. Of course, most of the fun is actually browsing the aisles.

      Delete
    2. I may be able to help you. I am probably going to be offloading my entire collection January 2021.

      Delete
    3. Whoa! Really? I'll start making a list of the MOTU figures I am looking for. Mostly the ones I had as a kid. Thanks!!

      Delete
  3. Wow! I wish w had a place like that around here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Up until two years ago, there was nothing like this around here. Or at least, not to my knowledge. Two of the three I know about are less than two years old.

      Delete
  4. If we weren't in the middle of a pandemic I'd be driving my family to Maryland asap!

    ReplyDelete