Wednesday, August 22, 2018

LEGO Harry Potter - Reboot

Despite everything being on the internet these days, it's still fun to find a complete surprise in the toy aisle every once in awhile. Actually, it wasn't even in the toy aisle. I was at Target doing my thing, when I walked up to the row of check out lines. I almost walked right past it. But there it was - a huge display of new Harry Potter LEGO sets.

Now, my daughter had grown out of LEGO Friends a year or two back but she's been big into Harry Potter.  I was in a hurry. I quickly grabbed the main castle set.  I should have grabbed the rest but I figured they'd be in stock for awhile.

When I went back the next week, the display was gone. All sold out. Lego.com - Sold out. Lego store nearby - not even stocked.  I ordered the rest of the sets from Target.com. I wasn't going to miss out.  We had just looked through the old Harry Potter LEGO encyclopedia. A quick scan of ebay showed vintage Harry Potter sets commanding a high price.

So looks like there is a resurgence based on the 20th anniversary of the first Harry Potter book as well as the Fantastic Beasts sequel coming out this fall.. These are going to be fun.
















2 comments:

  1. I've been seeing signs in the toy aisles "Harry Potter LEGO!!" And I'm thinking, yeah, you did that years ago, it's not new!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it's a reboot. The original sets are expensive.

      Delete