Wednesday, July 20, 2022

The Artist Known as Shag - Awesome Pop Culture Art

I don't typically post about other people's work, but I've become an instant fan.

I recently had a friend post on Instagram a piece of art from Shag (Josh Agle). I've never heard of this guy but immediately got interested. I like the bright colors, architectural design and outfits of the 60s which is Shag's primary focus. As I dove into all I could find, I noticed he did quite a few paintings which included pop culture - Star Wars, Spider-Man, and Universal Monsters. He is also selling a Batman 1966 print at SDCC this week. 



Here are his links and some works of art. Check him out. By the way, he had the nickname prior to the Austin Powers movies. These links are not going to inappropriate sites. 

The Artist Known as Shag

The Shag Store

And here are some paintings. All painted - these are not digital works of art.





















2 comments:

  1. Very cool! I'd love to see a GI Joe painting in this style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be phenomenal. Let me see if I can drop him a line.

      Delete