Thursday, December 21, 2023

Starting Lineup Winter Olympics - Timeless Legends 1998

I always get so into the Olympcis, Summer and Winter, that I probably lose focus on everything else during those two weeks. I really enjoy all the sports that usually don't get a lot of airtime. I cheer for every country. Love the underdog stories. After the last Winter Olympics in Beijing, I went looking for any Starting Lineup figures. I knew there was a Mike Eruzioni figure from the 1980 Hockey team but did not know I would find a skier (Tommy Moe) and three famous speed skaters (Bonnie Blair, Dan Jansen, and Eric Heiden).

Hasbro released new NBA Starting Lineups almost a year ago.  Pretty cool. Very articulated. Expensive as hell.  Would love to see more Olympic figures - especially 1980 Hockey - and add some Russians too.

























2 comments:

  1. I was big into the Olympics as a kid, but no so much as an adult. The same could be said of SLU's, though I have to admit that I never knew that they did any for the Olympics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never had SLUs as a kid. Over the years, I did pick up some Chicago Bulls figures (which I later sold) and picked up a few figures from lesser known sports like the Olympics.

    ReplyDelete