Friday, January 16, 2015

Holy Grail - One of Many - Star Wars Imperial Cruiser

I loved the Imperial Troop Transport from Kenner when it came out after Episode IV - A New Hope. Not shown on screen, it was an imaginative addition to the Star Wars universe. I don't know what happened to the original I owned, and I bought and later sold a boxed one years later.

What I didn't know about was the Empire Strikes Back version of this great vehicle. I love everything Hoth, so this new addition was long awaited. Love the display of Snowtroopers capturing the rebel soldiers on Hoth.

The interesting piece about this version was the lack of electronics. The original had an electronic mechanism, powered by a battery, which would produce six distinctive character voices or sounds from the movie. This version did not have that, making it cheaper to produce and much lighter than its original counterpart.




No comments:

Post a Comment