Thursday, February 14, 2019

Funko DC Primal Age

There was something about the design and artwork that really appealed to me about these figures. I passed by them several times, but then I saw the Castle Greyskull type playset and the Aquaman really resonated - he looked like something out of a He-Man story line with his beard.

Here is a great write up about the Primal Age Batcave Playset by Action Figure Barbecue!



So I thought, why not? It's not like Hasbro is giving me more Star Wars. Let me try something new and different.

Like most collections, it started with one or two. I first snagged Wonder Woman and Scarecrow. I previously saw Aqua Man and Mr. Freeze but they were gone by the time I went back. So I started with two. Then I finally found Batman and Ace the Bathound. Then I managed to find Aqua Man and Mister Freeze again along with Green Lantern. I have yet to find a Joker or King Shark.

There is also a translucent Mister Freeze from New York Comic Con last fall. Series 2 includes Superman, Bizarro, Lex Luther, Flash, Black Manta and Krypto Superdog.

These are a lot of fun.























6 comments:

  1. I haven't been able to find any yet but I plan to get some whenever I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. They only sell them at Target. They are typically on an end cape right now. The Targets I've been to are 50-50. Half have them. The other half haven't had any yet.

      Delete
  3. Nice write up on these, man. I gotta start reviewing the rest of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Appreciate the reviews you've done. Helped me want to complete the set.

      Delete