Saturday, September 7, 2019

Toybiz and Hasbro Marvel Universe All New X-Men Sets

I started reading comic books regularly in 1982. My first Uncanny X-Men comic was #163, well into the Wolverine, Storm, Nightcrawler team. I discovered a reprint of the Giant Sized All New X-Men comic where they were introduced. The "new" team included Banshee, Colossus, Sunfire, Thunderbird, along with Wolverine, Storm, Nightcrawler and Cyclops.




Toybiz celebrated this line up back in the 90s with a great six pack of its 5 inch figures. Hasbro followed it up during their Marvel Universe 3-3/4 inch line.  Both sets are awesome, and makes me want to try and recreate it with past and present Marvel Legends. I believe the only figure never made is Thunderbird.

TOYBIZ Set












Hasbro Marvel Universe Set








4 comments:

  1. I just checked and there seems to be an exclusive TRU Legends Warpath figure.The others should be fairly easy to track down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much Big Tone. Will have to check that out.

      Delete
  2. Wow, we're not far off. My first X-Men was #155

    ReplyDelete