Friday, September 18, 2020

Happy 11th Birthday Blog GI Jigsaw - Part 2

 As I mentioned, this project originally started as a business. I wanted to sell my toy dioramas as jigsaw puzzles. I came up with the name, purchased the domain, and then used a web template to create the website. It was clunky and difficult to work with. The limited templates only allowed me to post five photos/products per page. 

I had heard about the Wayback Machine before but never tried it: www.archive.org. Apparently it saves versions of web pages, even ones that don't exist anymore. I typed the domain name in and lo and behold it showed back in 2008 when I created the site and when I did significant updates in 2009.  I could even go to the pages though the images weren't there. Interesting.












I did rebuild the website last year. It exists. At least I don't have to buy inventory now. Print products are made by a third party on demand. I also found a puzzle manufacturer that will manufacture the puzzles on demand. 

https://www.gijigsaw.com/

https://www.instagram.com/gi_jigsaw/ - also been busier on Instagram lately.

Here are some of my updated puzzles. I worked to have less open space around the figures.






No comments:

Post a Comment