Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Happy 11th Blog Birthday GI Jigsaw - Part 1

 Can't believe this blog is 11 years old. Was pretty sporadic the first few years. And at times, I've wanted to stop as technology changes but still fun to interact with all of you.  I was originally going to share my favorite posts but then I completed a project I've been meaning to do for awhile.

I re-photographed all my jigsaw puzzles I created that prompted this site.  I got out of the army in 2000 and had my first house. One Saturday afternoon I went into the backyard with my Joe collection and started taking photos. Photos where you had to take the roll to the local grocery store that had one hour photo. I could only take 36 shots per roll.  Some of you remember those days.

I enjoyed the photography and tried to figure out a way to share them. No social media back then. I figured I could sell the photos as jigsaw puzzles. I gave it a shot. Didn't sell much. Set up a table at the Baltimore Comic Con one year and the York, Pennsylvania toy show as well.  Sold a few at Baltimore. None at York. 

I originally ordered them as 500 piece puzzles, then started ordering them at 99 so I could display them during shows. Would have taken me too long to do 500 piece puzzles. 

With low sales, I just made the puzzles for myself.  The blog became more of a general toy blog.  But I still have all the puzzles. Without further ado.


















































































10 comments:

  1. Awesome job on all of these! I love the combat heroes Beach head, Scarlett and Roadblock ambush scene. So many more to choose from tho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. That has always been one of my favorites. The shot just resonates. Have tried to recreate it but unsuccessful.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! Hard to believe this blog is 11 years old.

      Delete
  3. Kep on blogging! I wish I had gotten into blogging back in the early days... but back then I didn't even know what blogging even was! LOL! I have always loved your photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! BTW, I'm loving those Simpsons and vintage Star Wars puzzles. Great job & keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep - always wanted to redo them. Too much open space at top and bottom. I redid Star Wars which turned out nicely.

      Delete