Friday, February 17, 2023

Marvel Retro Wave 8 - except Doctor Doom

After a strong start, Hasbro is trickling out product for the Marvel Retro line. Barely any mention at Pulse Con, Doctor Doom and Ghost Rider were the only ones mentioned. A few weeks later, Power Man and Spider Woman were announced. Nothing went on preorder for awhile. These were supposed to come out in May. They showed up early. Doctor Doom is running late. And the Ghost Rider set pisses me off. The box is 3/4 empty. I thought it was that big because Ghost Rider would be on a card. He isn't.
















7 comments:

  1. That Ghost Rider reminds me of the old cheap Fleetwood drugstore toy from the late 70's. I think I might have to pick that one up if I see it in the wild.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true. I know exactly what you're talking about.

      Delete
  2. Great wave! I wish I would have kept going with this series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so Hasbro has opted to not use plastic anymore in lieu of wasting cardboard. That box for Ghost Rider is stupid big. Could have easily been half the size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly - I was hoping Ghost Rider came on a card to add him to that collection, but alas, no. What a crap move..

      Delete
  4. That Ghost Rider box is so ridiculous that it's almost funny; unless of course, you're the one buying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep - had I known he wasn't carded, I wouldn't have bought it. Oh well. Lesson learned.

      Delete