Sunday, July 14, 2024

King and Country WW2 Battleground

One weekend, I went out and purchased an extra table and some large foam sheets to build a large diorama table. Originally intended to use for GI Joe and other toy soldiers, it was very versatile for smaller shoots. Anyway, the first diorama I worked on was a 54/60mm WW2 European battlefield using my King and Country metal painted miniatures, as well as plenty of plastic toy soldiers and buildings I've accumulated over the years. 

Once I had the foam boards down, I had a large roll of flat grass, large bags of lichen for bushes, blue poster board for a river covered with saran wrap, and a large roll of paper with cloud design for the backdrop. 

Ready to go, I first set up the BMC plastic buildings and then the plastic German troops and cannons. After that, I inserted the metal King and Country miniatures for the attacking Americans. 

So here goes.



























































































3 comments:

  1. Be honest, do you ever make your own sound effects while photographing/playing with these displays? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not. But that would be funny!

      Delete
    2. Full disclosure - after I finished setting them up, I just stared at the table for awhile. Thinking - that is pretty freakin cool. And fun.

      Delete