Tuesday, July 9, 2024

30 Days of Night from Gentle Giant

I had never seen this movie but I thought the figures looked really cool. As I was going through bins this weekend, I came across these. Funny too since my family has been on a vampire move kick lately. I also set this up because it's freaking hot outside. Once I took these pictures, I actually decided to watch the movie. It was really good. Basic premise - vampires invade Barrow, Alaska during their month long time with no sunlight. The only thing missing from this line are the Eben and Stella characters. The little girl, Iris, was a Build a Figure but can be purchased as well complete. I lost her side ponytails long ago. These were made by Gentle Giant. No articulation but darn cool. 














4 comments:

  1. I saw this picture in the theatre. I was pretty disappointed with it. To be fair though, I'm not much for gore, so I probably wasn't the intended audience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a big gore and horror person either but this story was kind of cool.

      Delete
  2. I love the movie and have been a fan of the comic for years. I remember really looking forward to this one. I had just moved to NC and my dad actually came from Tennessee to watch it in the theater with me. The second film isn't as good as the first, but it's not bad.

    Check out the trades of the series sometime. The art is really impressive on most and they're a nice, brutal vampire series. I still have the female from this series. I bought her on clearance years ago and have always kept her in my 1/12th zombie collection. With the burns on her body she doesn't make a bad zombie at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Yeah, those figures would go well with several zombie/horror lines.

      Delete