Saturday, May 10, 2014

League Assignment: You Don't Know Jack But the Check is in the Mail



With the return of the TV Series "24" and protagonist Jack Bauer, the League of Extraordinary Bloggers states: You Don't Know Jack.

Well, I'll tell you,...I do know Jack.

And he's coming at you on a dark and stormy night on the Porkchop Express, and when he asks you have you paid your dues,...the check is in the mail, and it's all in the reflexes...

Yeah - you know what I'm talking about. Jack Burton (Kurt Russell) in the cult classic Big Trouble in Little China.

N2 Toys released 6 action figures from this all time great!

Jack Burton
Egg Shen
Lightning
Wild Man
Weng Chi
Lo Pan





Some more memorable quotes...

"Like I told my last wife, I sez Honey, I never drive faster than I can see, and besides that, it's all in the reflexes."

"When some wild eyed eight foot tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks ya crooked in the eye and he asks you if you've paid your dues...Well you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye and you remember what old Jack Burton always says at a time like that. Have you paid your dues, Jack? Yes, Sir, the check is in the mail."

Jack: "What does that mean? Huh? China is here? I don't even know what the hell that means. All I know is, this Lo Pan character comes outta thin air in the middle of a goddam alley, while his buddies are flyin' around on wires cuttin' everybody to shreds, and he just stands there, waitin' for me to drive my truck straight through him, with light comin' out of his mouth?"

Jack: "How do you do, Ma'am. Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game."

More quotes:
http://tnmc.homestead.com/Q20BTLC.html



And more Leaguers respond to the statement, You Don't Know Jack




1 comment:

  1. Classic! One of my all time favorite movies. :)

    I can't believe I missed out on these action figures, I gotta find me some!

    ReplyDelete