Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Home Alone - Playmates Simpsons World of Springfield

 Interesting story to this collection.

So about 15 years ago, I purchased a large lot of loose Simpsons figures and playsets for dirt cheap.  Like many collectibles, people dump large lots when space fills up. I would never get this collection today for what I paid for it so many years ago. I also picked up the NECA Celebrity Series when they came out. The purpose of the lot was to make a puzzle many years ago. Will need to redo it now that I have more experience in set up, lighting, and iPhones are better than the digital camera I had years ago.

Anyway - I pulled the collection out a few weeks ago, and set them all up. So much fun. I need to match up all the accessories to their rightful owner. This was fun to do, and I intend to do it again. I know Toybox was getting rid of some Simpsons figures a few years ago, but honestly, I didn't know what I had in inventory. 















6 comments:

  1. That is an awesome collection! wow. I have a lone Bart(which I see in your pics) in my collection (that I love) lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too went through a World of Springfield buying period where I got a ton of them for a "reasonable" price. After a year (or more) of them sitting in a box in the bathtub, I put them on the curb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this series and still have the original set in the box.

    ReplyDelete