Sunday, January 1, 2023

Playmates World of Springfield Simpsons - Wave 1

Years and years ago, I purchased a huge lot of loose Simpsons figures and playsets for dirt cheap. Years and years later, I finally set them all up, and now I am going to try and organize and photograph them, and maybe even complete a few waves.

So here is Wave 1 which includes Homer, Lisa, Bart, Krusty, Mr. Burns, and Grampa Simpson.
























The playsets include: 
Simpson Living Room with Marge and Maggie









Springfield Nuclear Power Plan with Radioactive Homer










And just for fun. I always enjoyed the surprise that would be on the couch at the opening credits when the family would run in. So I created my own with some assorted action figures.













3 comments:

  1. I love your couch surprises there at the end. I remember when these came out. I didn't buy any at the time, but in retrospect I wish that I would've.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I didn't realize the six inch scale figures would be so tall in the living room. Oh well.I didn't collect these when they came out either. Wish I had. But like many collections, I bought the large lot when collectors were dumping it for pennies on the dollar. Nice to be on that side of the equation every once in awhile.

      Delete
  2. I still have the full set of Wave 1 that I received when I worked at a small Mom & Pop toy store when I was heading into college!

    ReplyDelete