Sunday, March 5, 2023

President's Day Haul with ToyBox

My company didn't have President's Day off, but my boss and team leader were taking the day off, so I did too. For the first time ever, I used my floating holidays. Matt from ToyBox called me up and asked if I wanted to go to McKay's used book store and Echo Base. I said sure. I had never been to McKay's before but had heard a lot about it. So off we want. 

Inspired by Jon and his book store finds, I went searching for the "V" paperback books specifically. I used to buy and read all of these as a teenager. I managed to find four. The rest, I was just open minded but was also asked by my wife and daughter to find them something interest. Hence the puzzles for my wife, and the records for my daughter. She got the Grease and Jackson Browne record. The James Bond records were for me.

They did have some toy bins and I snagged a Gollum/Smeagol from Lord of the Rings. They had a few items I should have grabbed but oh well.

We also stopped at Echo Base and I managed to find these custom, 6 inch, Black Series Rebel Commandoes. I really liked the paint job and they were only $7 a piece.

Finally, we went to 2nd and Charles, another used/new book and media store. Didn't find anything there.

All in all, a fun day and great haul.

























































2 comments:

  1. Which McKay's did you go to? Obviously the V books are tops for me, though the records are pretty great too. I've been meaning to say too that if you ever want me to look for/pick-up any books from that series (or any other) for you, I'd be more than happy to do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We went to the McKays in Manassas, Virginia. Thanks for the offer - will definitely let you know which ones I'm looking for. These four are the only ones I have except for Chicago Conversion. That was my favorite because it mentions my home town and other suburbs of Chicago where I grew up.

      Delete