Wednesday, June 24, 2020

GI Joe Classified Series Wave 1

I've waited for these for a loooooooooooong time. I always liked the Joe toys. Had several as a kid and am currently rebuilding a collection this year.  I know traditionalists would say the line has to stay at 3-3/4 inch because of all the vehicles, but I disagree. I think this new 6 inch line is exactly what was needed to put some energy and excitement back in the line.

Wave 1 finally showed up on my doorstep today. The case of six figures include Roadblock, Snake-Eyes (x2), Destro, Duke and Scarlett. Now, why wasn't there a Cobra army builder troop in the first wave, who knows. But this line is screaming for an army of bad guys.





So here are the individual boxes. I'll be showing more as they are free from their packaging. I think Hasbro struck a good balance between their original costumes and some modern design. Would have preferred completely original costume design, but this is still very nice.







And I need to retake a photo of Duke since I deleted the photo.



4 comments:

  1. Very nice! Still undecided about these but I'm interested to see more pictures and reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Will be opening soon. I opened Snake Eyes already. He is awesome.

      Delete