Friday, June 26, 2020

GI Joe - Remembering the Korean War - My FIRST ever diorama - Inchon

The year was 2000. I had just finished three years being stationed in Korea and then out in the deserts of California. The GI Joe Classic Collection was in full swing but I was moving from temporary housing on different army bases. I got out in 2000 and bought my first home. One Saturday, I decided to take out my Joes and do some simple dioramas in the sandy corner of the backyard. No idea where the concrete blocks came from. Probably left in the backyard by the previous owner.

I used two Inchon Invasion Joes from Hasbro, the Navy Corpsman from 21st Century Toys Ultimate Soldier line, and Jack, the Marine Sniper in Korea from Dragon.

These were shot on 35mm film, so after taking the photos I had to rush to the local grocery store that had one hour photo to have them developed. Old school!!!



















No comments:

Post a Comment