Saturday, August 15, 2020

Mattel Heroes in Action Army Men from the 70s

I distinctly remember these from the 70s. Interestingly enough, the first one I ever had I found in the sandbox at the local playground. I didn't know what it was but I thought the figure looked interesting and the stand that was a bunch of rubble was really neat. I managed to convince my parents to buy one or two more for me, and that was it because Star Wars happened.

Took me a long time to find out what these were on the internet and Ebay a few years back. They aren't all that great, and they seem to have been really popular in Italy. But I still think the little base of building rubble was kind of cool. Also, at first I thought these were WW2 figures but considering one guy is holding an M60, probably more Vietnam. Plus, Vietnam War soldiers were often seen with their uniform sleeves cut off.




No comments:

Post a Comment