Friday, August 21, 2020

Popco Harry Potter Collection

Years ago as my daughter first started getting into Harry Potter, I searched the net for the toys. I remember seeing them when the movies first came out but they were very kid focused and designed. I did stumble on some very cool, 3-3/4 scale figures that were never released in the US, only the UK.  So I purchased a few of them. They sat in a storage box for awhile until I purchased the three story bus a year or so ago. I threw the figures in there and unearthed them finally to take some pictures of the whole collection.

Wish they would have made more. Blake Wright added a section about the Popco Toy Company and their Harry Potter line in his Toys That Time Forgot Volume 2 book. Sad ending. So much character depth. And the US market would have eaten it up.

The Cho Chen and Ginny Weasley figures came with the Room of Requirements and Gryffindor Common Room playsets which I sold off later. Professor McGonegall came with the Great Hall playset which I still have.




























































No comments:

Post a Comment