Monday, August 17, 2020

More Mattel Heroes in Action - Loose Figures

As I mentioned in my last post, I had a few of these in the 70s. Took me a long time to find out what they were later on. All I could search for was plastic army men. I probably finally found them on Ebay and learned their real name.


Great catalog photos on Plaid Stallions.

Years ago, I snagged a small lot of loose figures. Definitely Vietnam Era figures in my opinion. Oh yeah, along with the cool rubble base, there is also a lever that connects to a rod that goes into the soldier's rear (ouch) to make him move and make shooting sounds.

He looks like he is shooting a grease gun.






Flamethrower - not sure how to shoot any weapon sitting like that.


M60 Machine Gunner




Hand Grenade thrower.


I did remember they had Black soldiers as well. Cool!


Bazooka Soldier


Seated machine gunner. Again, hard to shoot this way.






7 comments:

  1. These are great! Before my time but still a must have if you collect military figures. My sister once sent me an ebay listing of these thinking i would know what they were but i was at a complete loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - took me forever to find out the real name and manufacturer.

      Delete
  2. Once upon a time they made some Sgt. Rock branded soldiers... I always wanted to get some of them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the set you are talking about. Those were cool.

      Delete
    2. They were from Remco. Think I had one of the "Bad Guys" as a kid. They were about the same size as GI Joe.

      Delete
  3. I had something like this as a kid but I want to say it had a wind-up feature instead of the lever.

    ReplyDelete