Sunday, January 3, 2021

NECA Pirates of the Caribbean - Curse of the Black Pearl

So, an interesting story about these NECA Pirates of the Caribbean figures. I had never seen the movies. About four years ago, I decided to watch them. Really liked them. A lot of fun. Keira Knightly is hot. Johnny Depp plays an alcoholic pirate brilliantly. There are zombies and undead and treasure and swashbuckling - so much fun!

I knew there were figures from NECA so I poked at Ebay and found a staggering lot of 21 packaged figures - no doubles - for dirt cheap. I made the purchase. And then the box sat for a bit because I didn't have time to dive into it.  It also took up a lot of room. Maybe I had lost the adrenaline, but I decided to sell - hopefully at a profit. 

It wasn't selling. Then, I decided I would unpackage them and start doing some photo shoots on my sand table in the garage. The auction was going to end in a day anyway. I figured if they didn't sell in the next 24 hours, I would open them up.

With minutes to spare in the auction the next night, someone bought it. When he contacted me, he said he was an extra in one of the Pirate films. I looked him up on IMDB and sure enough, he was there. Kind of cool. Glad the set went to someone who was connected to the film. Some days I wish I would have opened them, but that is the life of a collector. Buy, sell, buy something new. Clear out space. Rinse and repeat.

So here are the first few from the Curse of the Black Pearl. Included from Series 1 are Jack Sparrow, Will Turner, Captain Barbossa and Dead Pirate. Then Pintel from Series 2 and Elizabeth Swann from Series 3. 




























No comments:

Post a Comment