Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Gerry Anderson's Stingray Figures from Matchbox

I was perusing the Cool Toy Review forums when I came across someone making customs of some Aquaphibians he made to augment his Matchbox Stingray collection. They looked really cool. I had never watched Stingray but they are the underwater version of those 1960s puppet animation shows from the UK by Gerry Anderson.  The more well known show is probably the Thunderbirds. So I grabbed a set of three. Not sure what I will do with them but they seem like a lot of fun. 

They are about the size of a standard 3-3/4 inch Star Wars figure.

Here are Troy Tempest, Marina, and Titan (bad guy).



















4 comments:

  1. I actually had the Thunderbirds from the early- mid 90s when I was a kid. They were definitely just like these, the packaging and everything. They were kind of odd and I think I only ended up with them because they were on clearance for $1 each somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were more fun than I thought they would be. May have to get more, but they certainly aren't $1 clearance anymore.

      Delete
    2. I looked at the Thunderbirds figures from the mid 1990s and they seem pretty on Ebay lots. Only a few of the diecast metal vehicles seemed to have any value. Honestly, whenever I see Thunderbirds I always think of Team America: World Police.

      Delete
    3. I still haven't seen that movie. I've seen a few small parts which were hysterical. I need to add to my watchlist.

      Delete