Friday, August 13, 2021

Battle of Mogadishu - Mars Company 54mm Toy Soldiers

I've complained for years that companies aren't making enemy combatants of modern conflicts. The Mars Company decided to tackle one of the latest battles in our armed forces history - specifically, the Battle of Mogadishu, which most people know as Black Hawk Down.

I started with making some foam buildings. I drew the buildings, cut the pieces out with a foam cutter and then painted them. This is a first try. I think I made the buildings too big. Oh well. Practice.






Then I grabbed my Delta Force and Somali Insurgent soldiers.




And set them up for a battle on the streets of Mogadishu. May have to get some 1/35 scale Black Hawks.














Individual figure photos.





















No comments:

Post a Comment