Wednesday, January 26, 2022

GI Joe - Medal of Honor Series - Audie Murphy

On this day in history (26 January 1945) , Audie Murphy's actions in combat earned him the Medal of Honor.  Hasbro produced several Medal of Honor figures in the lates 90s/early 2000s. At the time, the figures also came in these awesome 5 panel boxes that showed off the brilliant artwork in all its glory.

Read more about Audie Murphy here.

Also, if you've never read www.badassoftheweek.com, check it out. Great write ups of real and fictional heroes and badasses. Here is Murphy's write up.








4 comments:

  1. His story is incredible. That write up about him was fantastic, too. I remember when all of these G.I. Joe figures like this were coming out. I didn't collect many but I had a few.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked the artwork. I had the privilege of working with Larry Selman on a project for my old army unit. He painted a ton of these Hasbro Joe boxes. www.larryselman.com

      Delete
  2. I wish a company would do something like this for the Sullivan brothers. So many of these amazing people are becoming forgotten as we move further from the events of ww2 .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously. The more history, the better, before it's forgotten.

      Delete